I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints (LDS, or Mormon). I don’t know everything, I’m not perfect, but I believe that through the Atonement of Jesus Christ, I can become so-though if I know me, and I sort of do, it will take quite a while. Until then, I think, I pray and I act in faith.

I don’t consider myself a scriptorian in any way. I just try to understand them myself, and seek the Spirit’s guidance. I’m not afraid to say, “I don’t know.” But I know that all knowledge comes from God, and He himself said that if we ask it shall be given us. Therefore, I try to learn all I can through the spirit.

Please feel free to comment on any of the posts, but please remember to use courtesy and respect, as should all who profess Jesus Christ as their Savior. If you’d like to see a topic discussed here, please include it in your comments and I’ll see what I can learn about it.

Friday, October 5, 2012

Law of Consecration

A friend of mine and I were dropping off furniture donated by members of our ward to a needy family, and the usual thoughts entered my head about hoping the needy family wasn't taking advantage of us, when my friends said, "The Law of Consecration isn't about the receiver, it's about the giver."
So Profound. King Benjamin said much the same when he said, "ye shall not suffer the beggar to put up his petition to you in vain."
Do we sometimes think we're doing others a favor by not giving?
Wouldn't it be better for us if we just gave?
This was the lesson I needed to learn for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment